We want to show you that we handle your personal information in a confidential and responsible way and that any processing of your personal information happens in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") as well as local information privacy laws.
To avoid unauthorized access to your personal data and generally secure such data, we use encrypted transmission and encrypted storage. Those safety measures are constantly revised to comply with the latest technological developments.
2. Information we collect
When you register for, access, or use the Services, we process certain of your personal information (“Data” or “Information”).
If you visit the Websites, we process only Data that your browser communicates to our servers. We collect the following Data, which is necessary for us in order to display the Website correctly and guarantee the necessary stability and safety:
- IP address;
- date and time stamp;
- time difference to GMT;
- requested site;
- access status/HTTP status code;
- transmitted data volume;
- site from which the request was sent;
- operating system and interface; and
- language and version of the browser software.
Depending on your choice of registration, we process the following Data:
- email address and full name.
Apple single sign-on application:
- email address and full name (unless hidden)
- language, country, time zone;
- devices, browser, IP address;
Facebook single sign-on application:
- email address, full name;
- devices, browser, IP address;
- third-party ID; and
- profile picture
Google single sign-on application:
- email address, full name
- profile picture.
When you make purchases in the Services, we process the following Data:
- credit card information; and
- subscription status.
When you use the Services, we process the following Data:
- when you launch, signup to, log into, and log out of the Services;
- when you purchase something in the Services; and
- what kind of modules, Subjects, and Tests papers you complete.
3. Use of Information
The processing of Data pursues the following purposes ("Purposes"):
- providing the Services;
- customer relations management (e.g. support);
- marketing for our own products (newsletters, push messages);
- personalizing your experience of the Services;
- research and development;
- communicating with you about the Services;
- market, promote and drive engagement with the Services;
- ensuring safety and security; and
- protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights.
4. Information we share
We transmit Data to third parties only if this is necessary for the Purposes, due to a request from a national authority, due to a court ruling, or if you have consented beforehand.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”);
- Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”);
- One97 Communications., F-28-29, F Block, Sector 8, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 110096, INDIA (Paytm”);
5. Updating or deleting Information
We store your Data as long as you are a registered user of the Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development during your membership, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal details about you.
After you have deleted your account we only store Data if it is legally necessary (because of warranty, limitation or retention periods) or otherwise required.
Data will be deleted if you (a) revoke your consent to the storage (b) Data is not needed to fulfill the user contract concerning the Services anymore, or (c) the storage is or becomes legally impermissible. A deletion request does not affect Data, if the storage is legally necessary, for example for accounting purposes.
You can revoke the consent for future data processing at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of Data processing based on the consent before the revocation. Should the processing of Data be lawful due to another reason stated in 4.2, we may continue to process your Data on these grounds.
You have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not your Data is being processed by us and, if so, (ii) more specific information on the Data. The more specific information concerns, among others, processing purposes, categories of Data, potential recipients or the duration of storage.
You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Data concerning you. In case the Data processed by us is not correct, we will rectify these without undue delay and inform you of this rectification.
If you decide you do not want us to process your data any further, please send a request via email to the Email Address or via letter mail to the address provided in the legal notice on the Email ([email protected]). We will erase your Data immediately and inform you of this process. Should mandatory provisions of law prevent such erasure, we will inform you without undue delay thereof.
You have the right to obtain from us a restriction of processing of your Data in the following cases:
- You make an inquiry pursuant para. 7.4, if you so request;
- you are of the opinion, that the processing of your Data is unlawful, but are opposed to an erasure of Data;
- you still require the Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing pursuant para. 7.8.
You have the right to (i) receive your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) transmit those Data to another controller without hindrance from us.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of Data based on our legitimate interests, including profiling and direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you think that the processing of Data infringes applicable law, especially the GDPR.
You can disable the cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software (e.g. in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Safari). However, in this case you may jeopardize the use of the complete range of functions on the Websites.
We are acting as the controller for the data processing within the meaning of the GDPR.